Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FFXI down for a week maybe more.

3 posters

Go down

FFXI down for a week maybe more. Empty FFXI down for a week maybe more.

Post by Helkadraug Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:51 pm

As i just read off the forums guys it seems that FFXI may be down for a week due to their black outs to conserve power. If u haven't heard from the earth quake and their nuclear possible meltdown they are not going to be able to run FFXI. plus they will not be billing us for April cause of the shutdowns, when we may be able to get back on i don't know.

Helkadraug
LS SackHolder
LS SackHolder

Back to top Go down

FFXI down for a week maybe more. Empty Re: FFXI down for a week maybe more.

Post by chandypr Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:14 am

Hopefully SE will get the service up and running soon. In the mean time? Very grateful Helka for the Information. I will post a general announcement to inform people. Lets hope our friends in Japan don't suffer any more. This has been a catastrophe of historical proportions (and it seems 2 nuclear plants could meltdown.) Sad
chandypr
chandypr
LS Admin
LS Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:58 am

I will be leaving for Japan on Friday March 18th to visit my relatives in Japan to see how they are holding up. Most of them live in Tokyo and to the south of Tokyo so they have been for the most part just suffered minor building damage to their houses. Unfortunately 2 of my friends, both which live in Sendai, did not survive the earthquake and tsunami so I will be attending their funerals. I still can't get in contact with 2 other friends which also live in the region and I'm just praying they are alive and I would someday be able to contact them.

It's heartbreaking to see my friends that are so young (28 and 27 years old) to be killed by something that just can't be prevented. I've known them for 20 and 19 years so it just makes me cry seeing them pass from this world at such a young age and to not be able to talk with them and share a laugh online.

In short, I'm not sure how long I will be in Japan for I plan on helping my friend's parents out with anything they may need so I may be gone from FFXI for a few weeks or so. I may bring my laptop along and buy a Japanese FFXI version so I can do Abyssea and stuff with you guys, but I can't guarantee that.

I hope to see you guys soon. Take care!

Back to top Go down

Post by chandypr Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:59 am

Take your time Mirrage. We understand Smile
Hope you find your friends, and your family is ok.
chandypr
chandypr
LS Admin
LS Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pud Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Really sorry to hear about your friends Mirr, I hope your trip to Japan goes as well as it can given the circumstances.

Our thoughts are with you, and everyone affected.

Stay safe.

Pud
LS SackHolder
LS SackHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:18 am

Sad update: Found out yesterday from my friend's wife that my 3rd friend didn't survive Crying or Very sad It's hard to even imagine what she feels like considering they have a 2 year old child that will grow up to never really know his father..

With the radiation fears growing, some of my relatives in Tokyo are fleeing south as a precaution. A few are stubborn and refuse to leave their homes under any circumstance so I wish them the best and to stay safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pud Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:10 am

Sad Although I don't know them, its horrible hearing about what people and families are going through. I can't begin to compute what it must feel like to lose multiple friends and relatives in one cruel blow.

One thing that is so evident is the Japanese peoples mentality of working for the good of everyone. From the news, everyone appears to be hugely selfless, pulling together as a team.

Are you travelling near to Fukushima?

Pud
LS SackHolder
LS SackHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:18 pm

I finally arrived in Kansai International Airport yesterday with very little hassle. There I visited my friend who lives in Osaka which is about an hour drive away.

I have been pretty much just resting for now and catching up with the news. I'm planning on heading up to Tokyo to visit my Aunt in the next few days, then probably head up to the Fukushima region, although I think it might depend on if the radiation situation is getting better or not. Last I read, there is some traces of radiation on some food that were grown in that area, so I'm not too sure if I should really head up there.

Two of my friends parents are currently staying with their friends in Yokohama so I'll be visiting them shortly. My third friends wife and kid are currently living inside a school up near the Sendai area so my plans are to head up there later this week of course providing I can get up there with all the transportation problems going on up in that region.

Hope you guys are having a good time and not dazed or going through withdrawl with no FFXI Razz Anyway take care!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pud Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:34 pm

According to the POL site on tues 22nd, servers will be back up on Friday 25th. This of course relies on the power situation remaining as it is.

See: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news20551.shtml

Hope you are doing ok mirr, update us if you get the chance.

Pud
LS SackHolder
LS SackHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down